Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Froggy

Maggie just loves her Froggy. He/she is a silky blanket with a froggy head. When Maggie first started going to Miss Colleen for in-home daycare I really wanted her to have something familiar that she could snuggle with.

I had no idea how attached she would get to Froggy. She has to have have him to get to sleep.

And she knows when you give her a fake froggy while you are washing the real deal.

Take for example a few weeks ago when Maggie pooped on Froggy at midnight. Into the washer went Froggy so I had to give her a Pooh blanket in substitution. Wrong move. She screamed for 2 hours. The washer and dryer were taking forever. Nothing could soothe her except Froggy, who was going through the spin cycle. We were all out of ideas to help her so we had to let her cry it out. She finally gave into exhaustion and fell asleep.

I told myself to buy another Froggy to avoid this all together. Haven't done it yet....

So last night Froggy got seriously barfed on. Remembering the previous meltdown, I hand washed Froggy and threw him in the dryer. It was only 7:30 so we were only a little late for bed time. By the time Froggy got out of the dryer he stunk so badly of barf that I felt like I was going to barf. But as soon as Maggie got her stinky little friend into her hot little hands she squeezed him into her face with absolute love.

Im still meaning to buy another Froggy.


3 comments:

  1. Eeeeew! I will buy you TEN more froggies after reading that post. Poor Maggie Mae! :) What is it with the kids and the pooping and barfing? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love knows no limits - just ask a dog! Signed, the wise Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how kids love so unconditionally! I feel like I have something to learn from them...

    ReplyDelete