Friday, May 20, 2011

I can dream can't I?


I'm starting my Christmas wish list early. I've been hearing some good things about this little dream machine, the Singer Featherweight. They were built in the 50s (?) and don't do any fancy stitches past your basic stitch. These machines are built like tanks and last forever. And no, it's not one that you operate by pumping a foot pedal.
Just look at it. Isn't it beautiful?

They are also a little pricey. Anywhere between 200$ - 500$. But I sure want one.



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm - my sewing machine was purchased in 1961 and doesn't look anything like your picture. However, it too is built like a tank. I made lots of little girl clothes for you and Amy and Shannon on it, as well as clothes for myself. I will never want another! Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want a sewing machine like that!! Even though I LOVE the one you got me. It works wonders and I've made many precious things with it.

    ReplyDelete