Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Trip to the Library


One of my favorite places is the library. A library, no matter where I am, is a place that I just feel good to be at. Today I was walking by the young adult section, which was bathed in beaming sunlight, when all of the sudden I remember how books effected me when I was younger. Maybe it was the sunshine or how incredibly enticing those book covers look, but I could close my eyes and remember how I felt when I read an awesome book when I was ten. I don't know if I can explain it in words, but it's like it you always wanted to be that character you were reading about. As I browsed through the young adult section I started to see familiar books that I could remember reading and all of the sudden I wished I was 10 again sitting on the bus reading a good book (we were on the bus a long time, each way).

For a while I have been collecting the books that I loved when I was younger, just in hopes that my kids someday will want to read them. Will they think Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume are nerdy and lame? I hope not.

Young adult books now, as I'm finding out, are still awesome!! I mean have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? Those books are great!!

I think it's just fine to stroll through the young adult section and find a good read. Go ahead do it!

Here were a few of my favorites:





What were some of your favorites?



2 comments:

  1. Kelsie - here's another young adult book. Jim and Mary both read the first of this trilogy when they were young. I just read all three for the first time and they are amazing: My Side of the Mountain, On the Far Side of the Mountain, and Frightful's Mountain by Jean Craighead George. Add them to the "really good" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working in a middle school and it is so fun rediscovering my favorite books! I especially love the giver trilogy!

    ReplyDelete