Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crop Dusting



You know it's Spring on the Palouse when you start seeing crop dusters out. I LOVE seeing them flying about. ( I just try not to think about breathing in nasty chemicals). As I'm making my trek into town a yellow bird will catch my eye and I watch them dip and swerve and come in and out of view behind the rolling hills, and just when you think they had to have crashed they come zooming right above your head. What a wonderful view they must have from up there.

I have a good neighbor, Jamie. She is just the cutest thing! We get together every Monday morning for coffee and talk about baby stuff. She is the proud mama of little Gilly. What I love about Jamie is that she is an airplane mechanic for her family's crop dusting, flying service. When she told me what she did for a living I just about choked on my coffee, I was so impressed!! Her little Gilly bean goes to work with her everyday and hangs out in the hanger and will be up in the air soon with her mama. I'm so glad that she is my friend and that our little girls will grow up together. Plus, I can't wait to fly with her, did I mention she's also a pilot!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for cropdusters! It's great to be at it again. This time if year we are spreading little fertilizer pellets to help those little winter wheats grow. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsie - you brought back some good memories for me - I remember watching those planes disappear and reappear like magic. I think you guys are ahead of us spring growth, but things are showing a faint green here between the leftover mounds of snow. There's hope! Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete