Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our hurky lurky Spring

I am very disappointed in Mother Nature. It's like she forgot about the pacific northwest, leaving the meter set to winter. Every once in a while she gets elbowed while she's getting her fiery on in the South and she jumps with forgetfulness, "whoops! I forgot! It's Spring!" as she sets the dial back to Spring. Then her mind wonders as she goes on about her day and we get snow again. Are you mad at us right now mother nature? You seem awfully angry. I mean, the earthquake was bad enough for Japan, but over 200 tornadoes in one single day? Did Father Time stand you up? Did he not call you back and now you've turned into a spiteful temptress? Is revenge best served cold...literally?

I planted potatoes last weekend and I would rather you left them out of this, don't hurt them because you're angry. Plus I'd really like to get some seeds in the ground, if I can chip through the ice to get to workable ground.

I know I shouldn't be angry at you, especially right now as you try to redeem yourself allowing us to have a bit of sunshine. And wow, tomorrow you are warming us up to a balmy 60! But I can't let go of yesterday which never even got into the 40s. You see, I had a plan for this summer and that involved a good growing season so I could preserve all of my fruits and vegetables so they could nourish my family all winter long. Ok, I'll stop my crying. I really don't even get my seeds into the ground until Mother's day...so don't screw that up! I would like the temperature to be at least 65 that day. Ok? Make it happen woman!...I mean oh holy wise woman of all growing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment