Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dirt, Ribbons and Sunshine

Oh Mother Nature you heard my cry from my last post and you made amends. Thank you so much for today. And thank you Maggie for taking a nice long nap so Cory and I could get some work done outside. I cut all my roses down to the ground. I know this is something you should do in the fall, oh well. Our roses are pretty rag and rugged so hopefully this new start will do wonders for them. One of our chickens escaped while Maggie was saying hi to them. They used to huddle together, terrified when we came in, now the bolt for the door. We really don't mind if they spend some time pecking through the garden, but they wander, and they wander far. I bet my new neighbors got a chuckle as I was trying to herd Tula back into her pen with a rake. After Maggie's 2 hour nap I loaded the stroller and buckled Maggie in her car seat so her and I could go hang out at the Renaissance fair in Moscow. Prime people watching. This time it was different, I got to experience this fair with a child, and she LOVED it. They had all sorts of cool kid things for her to play with and she spent hours running barefoot, giggling as she ran through a ribboned dragon. It was really special to see her giggle at no one but the idea of running through a rainbow of ribbons shaped like a long dragon. She dug her toes into sand, listened to music and watched a performance of "Helen the Hoolahooper." She was not so impressed and neither was I with Helen. She slept hard on the way home but quickly regained her energy to run outside some more. Cory spent the day working on his truck. We is trying really hard to get it finished before his car club's car show in June. Tonight he got his engine in and the doors on so it's really starting to look like a truck! Maggie doesn't mind the car club guys with their long hair and tattoos. She doesn't flinch as they drop the f bomb. She doesn't know any better plus those guys turn into putty when Maggie is around, as they all have daughters at home. Bath time washed away all the dirt gathered from a wonderful day. Like I said before, thank you Mother Nature.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't the world look different through the eyes of a child! Happy spring to you and your family. May your potatoes grow big and strong. Love, Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete