Saturday, July 16, 2011

This girl



This girl
likes to feel the wind in her hair
she's always on the go
so much to explore and see
she makes me cry
she makes me smile
crouches down low to watch ants
picks them up without knowing gentle
talks to the chickens
and wonders why they don't sit with her
independent
yes indeed
in the morning outside
her with her sippy me with my coffee
cheers! before each drink
i love this girl so
i love to say "that one's mine"
she stands on a stump
and sing on the top of her lungs
yep, this girl is something fierce
and i'm here to go along with her
through this world
to teach
to learn
to give endless love to this girl

4 comments:

  1. You're making me tear up! Beautiful Kels. An I agree- this girl of yours is something special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsie - the tenderness of this posting brought tears to my eyes. Yes, Essie is right - this girl is something special, but so is her mama. What treasures you are. Love, Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post kelsie! AHHHH if only we could be neighbors!

    ReplyDelete