Monday, March 7, 2011

My heart breaks for my sister



**warning, if you are pregnant you may not want to read this**

My sister Shawna was almost 4 months pregnant when she just found out that her baby no longer had a heart beat. She was induced on Friday and had to deliver her little baby. The doctor has no explanation of why this happened. I don't expect doctors to always have explanations for these types of things but I know if I were my sister I would want someone to tell me why.
I've been struggling about what to say to my sister. I don't want to tell her that there was something wrong with her baby, but want to tell her that she had a perfect and beautiful baby.

Shawna is a pretty strong person but I know she's going to have some pretty dark days ahead of her. Do any of you out there have any ideas of things I could do for her?


1 comment:

  1. Just let her know you are there for her and you love her. give her time to come to you. Stay away from the cliche phrases. "it was for the best" "you can always have another" things like that can just be hurtful. Just let her know how sorry you are and it's okay to show your sadness too.

    I'll be praying for her... No matter how many times I deal with loss at work (just this past thursday), It doesn't get any easier.

    ReplyDelete