Tuesday, March 1, 2011

They did it right.




I just found these old pictures and fell in love with all of them. What do they teach me? Gather with other people to create, talk, and help one another out. Have 3 boxes of apples that are going bad? Let's make a day of making apple sauce. I loved how women had circles, canned together and sang songs as they quilted. And why don't we do more of this now??!! We are so busy being busy that we are losing these great traditions. We spend so much time texting and facebooking that we hardly spend any time together anymore. I encourage all of you to create a circle in your community where people come together to talk about books, cook, knit, sew, exercise, or scrapbook or whatever it is that you would love to share with others.




3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way!! I love having friends over to can with me! It makes the day so much more fun. I wish moms worked together like the old days instead of feeling like they have to do everything on their own or else they will be judged for not being super women! LOVE these pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsie - this is a great sequence of pictures that truly capture the community of women. Thank you so much for touching that part of us that craves being and doing together. Love to you, Elk Mama

    ReplyDelete