Saturday, September 10, 2011

DIY

I'm loving my new website obsession, Pinterest. Anything and everything you could ever want to look at is on that site. I have recently been trying out some of the DIY pins that have caught my eye. First one is homemade chalk board paint. So. Easy.

Chalk Board Paint
1 cup of paint, color of choice
2 T. non-sanded grout
Stir to get lumps out. Voila, that's it. And it's the good kind of chalk board, not that too-glossy kind.

Maggie LOVES her new chalk board. And we love that it keeps her entertained for good chunks of time!

Second DIY, homemade coffee creamer. I am a total creamer snob. I hate to have coffee with milk and sugar, I would rather have it black that with milk. But...have you checked out the ingredients on the back of your creamer? Disgusting. So here you go, a recipe where you know what all the ingredients are.

Vanilla Honey Creamer
1 c. heavy cream (I didn't say this recipe was good for you)
1 c. whole milk (I used 2%, sooo much more healthy...not).
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla

Whisk the cream, milk and honey on medium heat until it starts to steam. Stir in vanilla. Pour into glass container and keep in refrigerator.

I made some tonight so I can enjoy it first thing in the morning. Can't wait!!

I highly suggest that you check out pinterest...and be my friend on it so we can share ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment